Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Year with Frog and Toad: Make-up sketches

I'm make-up chief for my college's production of the musical "A Year with Frog and Toad," based on the books of the same characters.  The musical looks really cute and fun, so I'm really excited to work on it.  :)  I really enjoy doing stage make-up, so I jumped on the opportunity to be make-up chief.

Obviously, all the characters in the show are animals.  The show is more interpretive, however; I don't think characters will be dancing around with tails and stuff like that.  Because the show is so colorful, though, I really wanted to see if I could have a bit of fun with the make-up.  (I also don't want to freak the kids out, though, so I don't want to have the make-up be too drastic.)

Here are some highlights from my prelim sketches.  Keep in mind that these are a first pass and definitely not final.  I'm going to be buying the make-up next week while I'm on Easter break and experimenting on myself, so I'll have a better feel for what looks good and such.  I'm going to kidnap some guys as well, because I'm not sure how colored make-up looks on a guy versus a girl, since people are more used to seeing make-up on girls (and again, I don't want this to look weird; I want it to be fun).

The first unlabeled one is Turtle; the second unlabeled is Mother Frog.







No comments:

Post a Comment